- 2 cups cooked cannellini or other white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil olive oil, or grass fed butter
- 10 oz organic chicken pulled from the bone
- 2 cups (zucchini diced)
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup fresh herbs (sage basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme), chopped plus whole basil leaves for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula or other greens
- 3 cups organic chicken broth reserved from cooking chicken bones
- Chop onion, carrot, celery and zucchini into bite size pieces
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add veggies to pot and sauté until tender.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in stock pot, cook, turning once, until firm to the touch and meat is white through-out, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Add broth and beans to veggies and chicken.
- Place lid on pot and simmer for 10 min.
- Add arugula or other greens to pot 5 min before serving.
Join the Conversation